Name:

I'm just another Mithra in Vana'diel, trying to make some room for herself in an already too small a world.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Currents : BOO-YAH!!!

It is with great price and with a head high that I...

...who am I kidding.

RANK 6!!! Uh-huh!!! Uh-huh!!!

Eh-hem...

If I'm so joyous about this moment, it's because it has been a long time coming. You see, around a year ago, I did kick Taber'Quoan's bony pelvis. However, though the original plan was to follow through with facing the dreaded Shadowlord, we greatly lacked the firepower to do it. Talking about it over the guild, who do you think volunteered to do it?

Yup, little Flaru-Wuru.

Already he got in the high 60's long before I got my first job that high, the day I do hit 60 and try to get those fights out of my way, I'm treated to "Don'taru worry, I'll do it for you!" ...Yeah, right. He might have felt he was doing me a favor, when in actuality, he helped the five people I helped through the Qu'bim Arena fight get their Rank 6. I still wonder why *I* was the one who had to step out. Something about "game mechanics" apparently, whatever that means.

Anyways, fast-forward to today. This was my second time I was helping out with clearing the way to the broken seal as a Monk. Why oh why did they send others to try to repair a seal that was beyond recovery when I went there a year ago? In any case, today was my lucky day. Not only did I get help from linkmates, but one of the three people who joined us already had a job maxed out! Woot! So prompty after ratting some bones in Fei'Yin, we headed out for Zvahl Castle.

The climb was dangerous, but we made it safely without any casualties. We faced the great door to the throne room... Gosh, that was intimidating on its own. I was even more scared once we entered. Witnessing the revival of the Shadow Lord shot through me like an Ice Arrow. But at the same time, a fire was burning bright. I was finally getting my chance to proove myself as a mighty warri... er... mighty Monk.

Oh, and that was a long-assed Raise-like sequence when he came out of the coffin. I mean, what's the deal with the slow-motion? I would have the time to die and raise twice in the time he got back on his feet. ...Then again, he's pretty huge. But I surprised myself shouting.

"C'm'on! Raise already! We don't have all day!"

Anyways, the fight went smoothly, thanks for Yurian's leadership in telling us exactly how to perform during that fight. It was a fun fight, where everyone was able to pitch in, no matter their level.

Yurian (WAR75) obviously did the tanking while dishing out incredible damage, with me (MNK62) filling in the rest of the physical hurt-down.

Sbec (BLM75) and Mistasia (BLM58?) did the nuking with some backup healing

Lordmerlin (WHM47) took on main healing duties, throwing Curagas in the final moments of the fight.

And Tifaa? (PLD50) Well... some more back healing, and of course throwing as many Flash as possible to help Yurian's blink-tanking.

And the Shadowlord did go down. YES!!!

Finally, I'm equal to Flaru-Wuru in the eyes of the Federation of Windurst! I won't feel ashamed of being the only Rank5 seeking in the level 60 range! I'm Coeurl de Lionne! Hear me roar!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grats on the rank. If you need help with the other rank missions, don't be afraid to ask. I've done the Windurst missions many, many times. - Neyla

7:21 a.m.  
Blogger Coeurl de Lionne said...

Thanks Neyla! But right now, I'm a bit busy levelling off my Paladin job to be concerned with further ranks. I'm currently in a silent competition with Flaru-Wuru, to see which of the two of us will have a L75 job first.

He might have a headstart over me, but I figure he's lazy enough for me to zip past him if I work really hard. I'm already halfway to L66 as it is, but apparently he found the time to get away from his fishing hole and he's slowly nearing the L71 point.

Guess I need to work really, really hard, but I think I'll best him. =^-^=

9:42 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home